Sunday, July 8, 2012

I heart Melbourne...

Melbourne homewares style, photo by Mike Baker, styling by Heather Nette King

Talk about a tough edit...

Each and every day I receive new info about another fabulous Melbourne person or company who has poured their heart and soul into designing and making stylish new chairs, bottles, artworks, sculptures, tea towels, cushions...

It's inspiring - on so many levels.  And it's always beyond hard trying to choose which ones to shoot.

For this Savvy Shopper round-up of (the teeny-tiniest portion) of fabulous Melbourne designs, I took my cues from our city itself.  Paved with solid bluestone foundations, with the steely cold grey/blue backdrop of our sky, and the occasional, much-welcomed burst of winter sun.

Here is a peek behind the scenes on the day.

dodgy iPhone photos by Heather Nette King


As always, interstaters can email me for product details.

Keep warm!

hx


  on the page yesterday, photo by Heather Nette King

7 comments:

  1. My LoVe these very much......
    Lovely styling......;o)
    I'll be in Melbourne in October so you need to tell me where to go......;o)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everything about this Mrs King... composition + content beautifully balanced IMO. BIG, covetous love to the pendant x C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic, instant *love* when I saw the photo...great concept Heather...nice inspiration for a Melbs winter too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the blue and yellow hues Heather and that Coco pendant is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing!!! Great colours!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog.... and LOVE this floor lamp, kind of tree's branch. Who's making it ? Can I find it in Europe ?
    Thanks for your answer.
    Kiss from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - it's from a gorgeous Melbourne husband and wife team called Pierre & Charlotte

      http://www.pierreandcharlotte.com

      kindest, H

      Delete