Monday, January 14, 2013

pimping the bentwoods, so what's new...


So yesterday morning I looked at the dining table and chairs.  All was calm, all was white.  I got edgy.  Things had to change.  So I started another bentwood make-over, above:

Here are a few of their previous colour incarnations:
yesterday morning - serenity be damned

way back when - I still love the pastels

in a seriously blue phase

pure, setting up for a shoot
The Immerse palette for Dulux in 2011
I'll get a few more chairs painted today. Then the table. I just wish I had the strength (or the budget) to tackle the floors. I've learnt my lesson re painting floors white - the kitchen needs constant repainting so that won't be happening here. We'll see...

hx

9 comments:

  1. Does your house insulate better with every coat of paint......tehe. I can't wait to see what colour you paint the table? Get cracking......I know you're impatient like me. And an over all effect painter as well ;O)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the look of the latest makeover your chairs are getting! Is that a gold one on the left-hand side? Must be something about pink and gold in the air - I'm doing a little makeover at the moment too with the same colours. Can't wait to see the Bentwoods when they're done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a fearless nutjob! and here I am procrastinating over painting a blackboard frame....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your ability to trust your instinct and try something new. I spend too much time procrastinating. Can't wait to see what you paint the table. xT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them in colour, especially the pastels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chairs but i would not touch that gorgeous wooden floor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need more bentwoods in my life x

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all those coats of paint, the chairs (and the dinner guests) will be getting higher and higher and higher....!!!

    But I can't resist changing things about, so I understand your enthusiasm. And such a great chair - they look fab in any colour.

    ReplyDelete