Sunday, February 24, 2013

delicious art, on a plate...


As a daily anthropologie.com stalker, I am always filling my imaginary cart with their wonderful ceramic plates - they are arty, whimsical, colourful and fun - which is pretty much the criteria for turning my head. and earning a place in my home.

I bought the set of four 'Nature' plates at Anthro whilst in the States last year, and these formed the basis of my Sunday Age Savvy Shopper round-up of all the beautiful ceramic plates available both here and online.

If kooky is your style, you can't look past LA based artist Angela Rossi, whose Altered Antiques range is available in Melbourne through Third Drawer Down.

Another Australian online retailer with a fab range of ceramics is Everythingbegins.com, who stock the stunning ranges by UK graphic designer Lou Rota, including my second favourite one seen above, The Jackdaw and the Lily of the Valley.

No prizes for guessing my favourite - yes, it the goldie in the sweater - called 'Max, Fourth Grade'  by Angela Rossi from Third Drawer Down. Heaven!

Oh, and the beautiful wallpaper running down the left of the page is available through Jimmy Cricket



Here is the page that appeared in the Sunday Age M magazine yesterday. Story and styling by Heather Nette King, Photo by Mike Baker, copyright Fairfax media.

hx

2 comments: